- POPs Regulation: 22 NGOs urge European Parliament to vote for better protection 15.11.2018 - HEJSupport and 21 other NGOs sent a letter to members of the European Parliament to urge them to uphold the EU`s international obligations on POPs under the Stockholm Convention. The EU should not undermine the objectives of the Convention, protection of human health and environment, by allowing POPs in e.g. consumer articles.
- HEJSupport joins Citizens for Science in EU Pesticide Regulation 05.11.2018 - HEJSupport joins the Citizens for Science in Pesticide Regulation. More than 100 NGOs and experts published a manifesto demanding a better pesticides regulation.
- UNEP interview with HEJSupport Co-Director Olga Speranskaya 30.10.2018 - HEJSupport is happy to share the link to the article published on the UN Environment website during the International Lead Poisoning Prevention Week. The article is an interview with Olga Speranskaya, HEISupport Co-director that was prepared by the UNEP Europe Office and launched on the 27th of October.
- Cooperation between HEJSupport and CES to strengthen environmental journalism in Belarus 17.10.2018 - HEJSupport cooperates with the Center for Environmental Solutions (CES) in Belarus to support the development of a stronger, more pluralistic and independent media in Belarus, by building a long-term strategic partnership between NGOs and journalists in Belarus and Germany and by building the capacity of journalists and bloggers in Belarus and Russian speaking countries.
- Squirrels in the city exposed to pesticides: It´s a hard life 12.10.2018 - Squirrels can be seriously impacted by pesticides even though they are not the target. Last year a number of cases of abnormal behavior of squirrels, such as falling over and walking in circles were noticed soon after pesticide application on private lawns.
- Methyl-parathion had not met all the criteria for listing under the Rotterdam Convention. Are you serious? 20.09.2018 - At CRC14 of the Rotterdam Convention decided that methyl-parathion had not met all of the criteria for listing. Finally the Committee decided that no further action on methyl parathion would be taken at this time.
- NGOs comment on EU paper on the future of SAICM 13.09.2018 - HEJSupport, EEB and a group of German NGOs (PAN Germany, BUND, WECF, Forum Umwelt und Entwicklung) developed suggestions for the EU member states discussion paper "EU and its Member States input to the draft Outcome document for a Global Strategic Approach for chemicals and waste Beyond 2020“.
- The Sustainability of Fashion: what role can consumers play? 19.06.2018 - Read our new article about sustainable textiles and the demand of consumers. The textiles industry is one of the largest industries in the world. Its supply-chain includes agriculture, manufacturing, processing, fabric care, use, recycling and disposal. Nearly all countries are involved in the textile industry though the actual involvement can vary from textile and product ... Read More
- Deutsche NGOs kritisieren Position der Bundesregierung zu SAICM 07.06.2018 - Mit diesem gemeinsamen Statement reagieren HEJSupport, WECF, PAN Germany und Forum Umwelt und Entwicklung auf die Position der Bundesregierung „The Sound Management of Chemicals and Waste and the SAICM beyond 2020“ vom 12. Januar 2018.
- HEJSupport International at the 2nd meeting of the Intersessional Process of SAICM (IP2) 19.03.2018 - Governments, NGOs and industry came together in March 2018 in Stockholm, to discuss the future of SAICM, as its mandate ends by 2020. HEJSupport International advocated, together with colleagues in the IPEN network, for a future international chemicals and waste framework, which allows the highest level of protection for human health and environment. This should ... Read More
- Circular economy framework promotes recycling but fails to prevent contaminants in new products: banned toxic chemicals detected in children’s toys 08.02.2018 - HEJSupport International, IPEN and Canadian Environmental Law Association discuss the ways of making circular economy safe in a new publication "Circular economy framework promotes recycling but fails to prevent contaminants in new products: banned toxic chemicals detected in children’s toys" by Olga Speranskaya, HEJSupport International Co-Director, IPEN CoChair; Fe de Leon, Researcher and Paralegal, Canadian ... Read More
- New Article: Toxic chemicals threaten current and future generations 21.12.2017 - HEJSupport International Co-Director Olga Speranskaya and our Board member Yuyun Ismawati published an article in the United Nations Environment Programme publication “Our Planet” Toxic chemicals threaten current and future generations. To protect them, we must change course by shifting our chemical practices to a more sustainable model.
- Human rights issues at UNEA3 19.12.2017 - At the recent 3rd meeting of the United Nations Environment Assembly (UNEA3) HEJSupport International participated in a silent action organized by the Women's Major Group and other CSOs. The action was held in the memory of all women environmental defenders who were killed during last years while protecting their land and people from illicit invasion ... Read More
- What happened at UNEA 3? 13.12.2017 - This year the third UN Environmental Assembly (UNEA 3) took place in Nairobi from 4 to 6 December. Its main theme was health and pollution. More than 2 million pledges were made so far by individuals and countries of the world on action to reduce pollution in the Beat Pollution engagement campaign. See details here. ... Read More
- Quebec flood: hidden consequences 17.07.2017 - By Olga Speranskaya, PhD, Toxic chemicals specialist Rising water levels of the Ottawa River and heavy rains affected thousands of homes in Quebec. Many of them were severely damaged by the water. Seasonal flooding happens every year, but this year reports showed water inside the houses and garage spaces. Experts warn that such extreme weather ... Read More
- Joint letter: EU keep the promise, eliminate POPs 28.03.2017 - HEJSupport co-signed a joint letter to the delegates of the EU Parties to the Stockholm Convention. The Conference of the Parties will meet end of April in Geneva to discuss the listing of new substances and the specific levels of brominated flame retardants, dioxins and other persistent organic pollutants in recycled materials and wastes. Download ... Read More