- New Article: Toxic chemicals threaten current and future generations 21.12.2017 - HEJSupport International Co-Director Olga Speranskaya and our Board member Yuyun Ismawati published an article in the United Nations Environment Programme publication “Our Planet” Toxic chemicals threaten current and future generations. To protect them, we must change course by shifting our chemical practices to a more sustainable model.
- Human rights issues at UNEA3 19.12.2017 - At the recent 3rd meeting of the United Nations Environment Assembly (UNEA3) HEJSupport International participated in a silent action organized by the Women's Major Group and other CSOs. The action was held in the memory of all women environmental defenders who were killed during last years while protecting their land and people from illicit invasion ... Read More
- What happened at UNEA 3? 13.12.2017 - This year the third UN Environmental Assembly (UNEA 3) took place in Nairobi from 4 to 6 December (http://web.unep.org/environmentassembly/assembly). Its main theme was health and pollution. More than 2 million pledges were made so far by individuals and countries of the world on action to reduce pollution in the Beat Pollution engagement campaign. See details ... Read More
- Quebec flood: hidden consequences 17.07.2017 - By Olga Speranskaya, PhD, Toxic chemicals specialist Rising water levels of the Ottawa River and heavy rains affected thousands of homes in Quebec. Many of them were severely damaged by the water. Seasonal flooding happens every year, but this year reports showed water inside the houses and garage spaces. Experts warn that such extreme weather ... Read More
- Joint letter: EU keep the promise, eliminate POPs 28.03.2017 - HEJSupport co-signed a joint letter to the delegates of the EU Parties to the Stockholm Convention. The Conference of the Parties will meet end of April in Geneva to discuss the listing of new substances and the specific levels of brominated flame retardants, dioxins and other persistent organic pollutants in recycled materials and wastes. Download ... Read More