On-Line courses on SAICM in RussianBlog
HEJSupport and groundWork, Friends of the Earth South Africa on-line courses on SAICM and its Issues of Concern is now available in Russian.
The first course presents the overview of SAICM Issues of concern and includes the following four lessons:
- Lesson 1: What is SAICM? History and Governance (Since its adoption, SAICM has proved to be an important international framework for promoting and advancing chemical safety objectives. Learn more about its history, governance, and the process towards beyond 2020 chemical and waste strategy.)
- Lesson 2: SAICM Emerging Policy Issues and Issues of Concern (SAICM identified eight Issues of Concern. Learn more about challenges in their implementation.)
- Lesson 3: Obstacles in addressing IoCs (In many countries SAICM Issues of Concern (IoCs) are not high on the political agenda. Advances are mainly limited to information collection. Learn more about problems in addressing IoCs and why it is important to resolve them).
- Lesson 4: Triggers to elevate obligations for SAICM IoCs (To help countries better address SAICM issues of concern triggers for moving IoCs to the level with increased obligations are discussed).
The second course on chemicals in products includes the following four lessons:
- Lesson 1: Introduction. Access to chemicals in products (CiP) information as a global issue Access to Chemicals in Products (CiP) information requires collaboration on a worldwide scale, across stakeholder lines, and through the entire products life cycle. Learn about benefits and options of disclosing what chemicals are in products.
- Lesson 2. SAICM Chemicals in Products (CiP) Programme The CiP Programme applies to chemicals in products in supply chains and throughout their life cycles. Learn more about benefits and challenges in its implementation.
- Lesson 3: Elevation of obligations for the Issue of Concern (IoC) Chemicals in Products (CiP) Chemicals in products (CiP) is among eight chemicals-related issues of concern (IoC) recognized by the International Conferences on Chemicals Management. Learn more about measures of increased obligation for the IoC CiP.
- Lesson 4: Global Minimum Transparency Standard to disclose chemicals in products
Please, register to the courses at: