The problem of endocrine-disrupting chemical exposure during the COVID-19 pandemicEDCs
HEJSupport, Eco-Accord and IPEN provided expert and technical support to NGOs in EECCA in organising the discussion on EDCs exposure during the COVID-19 pandemic. The following major aspects of the problem were highlighted:
- What are EDCs and how people are exposed to these chemicals;
- EDCs in consumer products;
- Why are children the most vulnerable to EDCs exposure?
- ICCM3 decision on EDCs – EDCs as SAIC< Issue of Concern;
- EDCs regulation beyond 2020 – main recommendation;
- Key lists of EDCs;
- EDC impact on human reproduction system;
- POPs as EDCs;
- Critical diseases and their link to EDC exposure;
- Recommendations on how to reduce exposure during the pandemic.
Webinar recording is available at: https://youtu.be/-3fWt2PDS38